FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2018
- TIME: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- AUDIENCE: Dental Students, Residents, Dentists in Practice 10 years or less – NO EXCEPTIONS
- CE UNITS: 6.0
- LECTURE #: 021
- AGD CODE: 250
- MODERATORS: Dr. Gary Peters & Dr. Jessie Scordamalgia
Educational Grant provided by CareCredit
The dental industry is flooded every day with new products that claim to be better, faster and more efficient. Spend some time walking the exhibit hall at a dental meeting and you will see that technology is taking over dentistry. Staying on top of it all is a daunting task. What do you really need to invest your precious capital in? Also, we will discuss the rise of social media platforms and how they have enabled individual consumers to share their experiences with the world. What story about you are they telling?LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- What are the best new products and innovations on the market?
- What are the growing trends in dental products today?
- What evidence exists for these new products and technologies?
- What impact do new products and technologies have on your bottom line?
- What platforms best serve a dental practice?
- How do online reviews help drive patients to your office?
NO EXCEPTIONS — PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED — PLAN TO STAY FOR THE NEW DENTIST RECEPTION IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE AUSTIN COURSE (#031)
JOSHUA AUSTIN, DDS
Joshua Austin, DDS, maintains a full-time restorative dentistry private practice in San Antonio, Texas. He is an editorial director and columnist for Dental Economics focusing on dental products and technology. Dr. Austin lectures around the country to study clubs and dental meetings about these topics along with online reputation management and social media. Dr. Austin is a graduate of the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio Dental School and spent five years post-graduation as faculty in the Department of Restorative Dentistry. His approach to his "Pearls for your Practice" column is a fresh approach in today's commercial driven dental journalism. When you read a "Pearl," rest assured that you are getting an honest evaluation of a product, which was used by Dr. Austin in clinical practice on a patient.