WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2018
- 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM - Rise and Shine with a 30 minute stretch with Dr. Odiatu in the Registration area.
- TIME: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- AUDIENCE: Dentist, RDH, DA, EFDA, Management
- CE UNITS: 6.0
- LECTURE #: 014
- AGD CODE: 150
- MODERATORS: Dr. Ronald Bushick and Dr. Jasmine Shafagh
Educational Grant provided by CareCredit
Want to add value to your patient experience? There is an avalanche of evidence demonstrating the connection between your patient's oral health and modern lifestyle habits: lack of sleep, shift work, poorly managed stress, overeating and sedentary living. A recent article in Dentistry Today reported that patients appreciate the dental health professional who sees the bigger picture and truly understands the relationship "between the body, mouth and mind."
Emerging research catapults inflammation into the ring as a key player in many systemic and oral diseases. Periodontal disease is one of the major sources of chronic inflammation that adversely influences the entire body. Stop the deadly cascade with specific dental lifestyle solutions guaranteed to change your patient's health destiny. This fact-filled and inspirational presentation is a 'call to arms' against inflammation – "let's douse the flames!"LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Expand your knowledge of the BODY-MOUTH connection
- Understand why certain patients don't respond well to your hygiene programs
- Recognize the destructive INFLAMMATORY CASCADE in your patients
- Make the connection between diabetes, insulin resistance, poor sleep habits & inflammation
- Discover how visceral fat behaves like an active organ causing havoc in the body & mouth
- Learn 7 KEY foods & lifestyle habits that contribute to inflammation – EAT THIS NOT THAT!
- Learn how tooth whitening can help boost patient self-esteem & other self-care habits
ADA Members Outside of Second District: $260
Non-ADA Member: $360
UCHE ODIATU, DMD
Uche Odiatu, DMD, is the author of The Miracle of Health & Fit for the LOVE of It! This NSCA Certified Personal Trainer & professional member of the American College of Sports Medicine is also a busy practicing dentist in Toronto, Canada. He has given over 500 presentations in Canada, the USA, Jamaica, Bahamas, England & Denmark and has appeared in over 400 TV & radio shows.